Friday, November 30, 2007

Answering a Thursday Thirteen Meme on a Friday!

  1. Do you have a tattoo, and if so what is it? No, I wanted to get a wolf or a sun/moon combo or a tribal armband at one point but I chickened out! Besides my parents would've had a fit! lol. Seriously, I don't think I've found one that I would want to live with for the rest of my life yet.
  2. What do you dream about? Like sleep dreams? All sorts of things...I hate the ones when I'm trying to save myself, like I'm in a disaster movie and I have to figure out how to get to safety. I'm scared and don't know if I'm going to make it. I wake up tired the next morning.
  3. How old are you and/or how old do you feel? 42, I feel about 35, I wish I was 23 again!
  4. What is one of your favorite things to do? Read, surf the net, relax, listen to music.
  5. Anything you just wanna get of your chest? Nope.
  6. What's your philosophy on life and death? I don't know that it is a philosophy but I have feelings about both. I think life is very fragile. When I was growing up real young I thought I was invincible and didn't think of the opposite of life, death. For a short time in junior high I thought I'd be lucky to make it to 35. I think as you make it through every day as you grow older you realize how fragile life really is and begin to embrace each moment, every day. I'm thankful for every day that I have and I try not to take it for granted cause I know that life can be taken away in a blink of an eye. On death...I'm not ready for it, I don't know if I ever will be. Although I have an individual relationship with God (meaning I don't go to church, but I speak to God almost every day and thank him for his presence and guidance in life), death still scares me, I don't want to be without my family, friends, animals. Also it puzzles me how quickly people get on with life. Not that they shouldn't they should, but in some instances people pack up your things, say good-bye and although you exist in memories its almost like you didn't exist. That makes me sad. When my ex-boyfriend came near death and had a 20 percent to live I was at the hospital for a week and sometimes his family and I would go to get something to eat --there were people laughing, talking on their cell phones, etc. and I stared at them thinking how is life just going on, don't you know what's going on??? It just seemed like a dream, life rushing by.... Having that in mind the fragility of life.. I seize each day and I'm thankful for each day, and try to leave the footprint of my being on other's hearts, give them my love and friendship. When my day comes, I really will look forward to the time when we are all together in Heaven again.
  7. If you could do anything with me, what would it be? I would take a walk with you and your guide dog and see the world through your eyes.
  8. Do you sing in the shower? No, but I hum a bit! lol
  9. Would you hide evidence for me if I ever asked you to? Probably not, I'm pretty law-abiding.
  10. What's your favorite color? Pink or shades of red (red, burgundy, maroon) and teal.
  11. If you could bring back anyone who has passed away, who would it be and why? Thank goodness my immediate family is well, if they had passed it would be them. But since I've blessed at this point that they are still with me. I'd say my good friend and neighbor, Bob. I still miss him. We talked a lot and he had a bright, sweet disposition. I think of him often.
  12. What is one interesting/odd fact about yourself? I bungee jumped 220 feet headfirst over the water near the Queen Mary.
  13. If you could change anything about yourself what would it be? I would stop procrastinating and do all the things I think about but don't do. I'd become more organized again. I used to be a lot more productive at home.
The meme came from Dog's Eye View (see my cool links) to get there!

1 comment:

L^2 said...

Thanks for participating! You're answers are really interesting. And #12 is awesome! I would love to bungee jump (or skydive) someday.