Sunday, December 02, 2007

Just a smackrel of Chocolate!


I grew up with Pooh Bear, yes, that lil stuffed Bear and Christopher Robin were childhood pals, so knowing that and if you've read about them you'd have to know a smackrel of anything is pretty darn GOOD! Although Pooh's favorite is honey, I'd say mine would be CHOCOLATE or MINT AND CHIP ICE CREAM!

A few weeks back a co-worker of mine, a young guy who is pretty much high on life everyday (he's really an inspiration always a kind word to say and when you ask him how he is he always answers I'm FABULOUS or FANTASTIC!) asked me if I liked chocolate. My answer was "Sure, doesn't everyone?" while thinking in my head how I've sworn off chocolate bars cause they are just to full of calories and fat. And he walked up and placed a small tin in my hand. He then smiled and said I think you'll like this then, have a WONDERFUL weekend. And off he went to his weekend endeavors!

The picture on the tin was rather nostalgic it looked interesting! I popped off the top and lo and behold, small wedges of chocolate in two layers in a tin. And I must say they are delicious! Only one little smackrel of chocolate a day or every other day. Just enough to enjoy for a treat now and then! I discovered since then they come in different flavors in different tins!

Lots of fun, just wanted to share the find with others that just need a smackrel or would like to stuff a tin or two in a Christmas stocking!

Thanks J for your wonderful disposition around the office and for sharing your treasure trove of chocolate with me! Oh I almost forgot, you can find them at Trader Joe's Albertson's, Vons and Ralph's. They are called The Chocolate Traveler.

If you try them or have tried them, let me know what you think about them!

1 comment:

alisonwonderland said...

i'll have to look for these.

although when i have "just a smackrel" of chocolate, i'm a bit like Pooh Bear and can't stop eating and end up stuck in the doorway to Rabbit's house. :)