Saturday, November 03, 2007

Holidays...baaah hum bug!

The one thing I hate about the holidays is who's going where....which usually means me going somewhere. My whole family lives far away from me. Unless I want to spend the next 2 months, cleaning every nook and cranny, worrying and wondering how the holidays at my house will turn out, I have to figure how I'm getting up to where they are.

It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to work so darn much! But, I do. And with it comes the stress of the holidays, working, shopping, staying with my family (I'm a homebody and most comfortable in my own home) and how to get gifts there. Sorry I don't mean to be a grinch.

It was easier when I had my own family, the kids (my stepkids) wanted to be home for the holiday and believe me my family didn't have room for all of us for an extended time! I miss those days as hectic as it was it was homey, fun and all about our little family. I have to believe everything changes for a reason.

It will be all good going there to my family's celebration...its just getting there that hampers me and when its time to leave I'm always sad to leave my parents, sis and nieces! I know I have to cherish each and every holiday I can with them. Seriously I'm always so happy to be there once I get there! What can I say I'm an enigma.

Here's to the start of the holidays....Cheers! After venting...optimism reappears!

No comments: