Saturday, November 03, 2007

Speaking of working too much...

Darn, why couldn't I be a housewife!
O, to be a regular housewife
To bring Love and Goodness with each day
Invest my whole Soul in Life
Love and affection my pay.
Please no bad comments, I know its no easy job, I did it for ten years and worked full time too. But I would've liked at the time to not have been working too. Heck I would like to NOT have to work now! I never had the opportunity to not work and its wearing on me.

Good things about being a housewife...

1. You don't have to get dressed up to be a housewife if you don't feel like it.
2. Although you have to get up with the kids and see them off to school. i.e. getting them up, feeding them, finding their homework, jackets, etc. You get a breather when they leave.
3. You don't have to deal with irate co-workers (unless your kids are being uncooperative, lol)
4. While they are at school and after the house is cleaned up you have down time to READ, BLOG, DO YOUR OWN THING!
5. If you're having a bad day you have a loving family that understands. You don't have to buck up like you would at a job.
6. You don't have only 40 hours of sick time on the books.
7. You don't have to call in to work when sick or ask for vacation days -- but you do have to check with your hubby, significant other...I suppose.
8. You can turn on your music loud while you work.
9. You can take longer than 30 mins for lunch and maybe meet a friend or your hubby or significant other for lunch.
10. You get to stay home with your loving pets during the day (you are their idol!)
11. You can squeeze in making home made cookies instead of store bought for your family! And homemade meals!
12. Your family adores you for being there for them all the time!

I know there is a lot more but, that's what I'm sticking with for now.

And face it, its a lot easier than the old days...this picture and article makes me laugh! It was a real article in its time, (1955)! You can read it at: http://j-walk.com/other/goodwife/images/goodwifeguide.gif






No comments: