Sunday, November 25, 2007

Spidey in Spiderman 3 and other Comic Book Movie Musings

Well, in the true tradition of Spiderman...I must change my font color scheme for this post. So forgive me if it gets on your nerves...

I finally saw Spiderman 3 this weekend on DVD. I was impressed as usual with the great effects the Sandman was better than Doc Och and the Green Goblin but, the story line didn't grab me like Spiderman and Spiderman 2. I didn't enjoy Spidey's dark side of Peter Parker or Tobey Maguire's portrayal of him that side of him. I know he's supposed to be a dork gone ultra cool but, it was a little over the top. I know that's supposed to be the comedy in it, for some reason it just irked me to make him that silly. I must put it in perspective, if I was 10 again I'd be laughing my socks off I suppose.

Spiderman 2 is still my favorite. The fight on the top of the subway and how the crowd protected him were my favorite scenes in that one.

All in all Spiderman 3 was really good just not fantastic! An entertaining movie I'd watch again, after Spiderman 1 and 2! Hope you enjoy it with your own family.
(Picture from N.Y.)


Shaking the Spiderman color scheme now....I used to think I didn't like comic book movies but, I discovered I was wrong when I finally watched a few. Here's some that I've enjoyed. (Some of them may not be about actual comic book heroes so bear with me).

  • Daredevil
  • Spiderman 1, 2 and 3
  • Batman Begins
  • Batman and Robin
  • X-Men 1 and 2
  • Van Helsing (a real favorite)
  • Unbreakable (not a real comic book character)
  • The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (another fave)
One that I didn't enjoy all that much was Ghostrider.



3 comments:

Janet said...

I've never seen any of the Spiderman movies, but I sure do love me some X-Men!

Johnny Virgil said...

Coming from a fan-boy, Spiderman 3 sucked. Did we really need emo-pete? No, we did not. Did we really need the dance scene? No, we did not. Is Kirsten Dunst mary jane parker? No, she is not. But I'm not bitter. If you want to see mary jane parker, go here:

http://www.4thletter.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/Mary_Jane.jpg

Bungeegal said...

Thanks for the comments!

And I agree Johnny..Pete should've skipped the dancing and the emo dude look. They will look back on it in future decades and think it looked a bit like a 1974 J.C. Penney's catalog! Hope you get this post! Cause I think I might've just made you laugh!

And yes your Mary Jane is alot more Mary Jane than Kirsten!