Friday, November 16, 2007

Childrens Book Week

Okay... a lot of my ideas to write about come from other blogs (especially my buddy blogs)... I deserve a lashing with a wet noodle, lol!

The books I loved growing up...

Encyclopedia Brown (all of them)
Henry Reed series and the Ramona the Brave series
Harriet the Spy (all the sequels)
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Charlotte's Web
Stuart Little
Ralph the Mouse and the Motorcycle Series
Little House on the Prarie Series
Winnie the Pooh
Danny, Champion of the World (awesome story of a boy and his father)
The Witch, the Lion and the Wardrobe
James and the Giant Peach
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle http://www.madeleinelengle.com/
There was another story about a small, minature family ...I can't remember it all but it was a good story, it was before the Indian in the Cupboard or that movie about the small people. Oh yeah...Tbe Borrowers Series!!!!!!!


There is another that a teacher read to our sixth grade class about a sister and brother on their own near the beach...I don't even recall the name but the stories always stuck in my mind! They ate buttery oysters by the seashore...I remember that..ha I've never eaten an oyster but I remember the word succulent was used....darn.... succulent just sounds awesome, doesn't it? I've always wished I remembered the name of that book..I had to leave the class sometimes when she read it right before lunch to help serve lunch (it was an honor student privilege) but I always regretted not hearing the rest of the story...I've thought about that book often throughout my life...To all you teachers out there, kids don't ever forget the things you do and the way the things you do touch our lives! If anyone knows the book I'm thinking about...please let me know!


1 comment:

alisonwonderland said...

we have a lot of the same childhood favorites. another one of mine was Jennifer, Hecate, Macbeth, William McKinley, and Me, Elizabeth by E. L. Konigsburg.