Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Silence is Deafening!!


I turned on the radio in my car to static...come home-- turn on the tunes to static again. This has been going on since Thursday!! I have everything tuned into one station, 100.1 The Edge, based in Palmdale, California. This is the only good station in the area--did they shut down, what's the deal? By today, I'm thinking my world will have to be shroud in silence or the horror...I'll have to find another station. So instead of facing the alternatives I go directly to the source, I go to my myspace and one of the DJ's is on my friend list so I ask him what's up??? He answers back quite promptly. Turns out the recent storm took out the transmitter that is situated high atop a Tehachapi mountain; they're waiting for Edison to go up there and fix it. I'm thinking..waiting on Edison? Are you kidding, we'll be waiting til spring! So, for now the silence is deafening.

I check the station website and it too says what the problem is. Right next to it, it says ON THE RADIO NOW: Justin Zane. So, even though nobody can hear the station broadcast, seriously does this guy have to go into work and continue the broadcast???!!! LOL Shouldn't he get a TRANSMITTER DOWN day, kinda like a snow day? Poor guy...no requests, no phone calls, just him wasting his time.

Funny isn't it...that whenever something is not available you want it more? I mean I know I can find ways around the silence. I have, according to Itunes records, 3.5 days of music downloaded on my Itunes menu! 3.5 days worth...that just blows my mind! For some reason even though those Itunes are all my favorites and I obviously have so many to choose from, I'm still ticked I can't simply turn on my radio station.

I'll break down and turn on my Itunes and enjoy them but all the while I'll be hoping for quick, safe travel to the poor Edison guy that has to make his way up the mountain to shovel snow, freezing his bum off while fixing the transmitter. The Edison guy they send probably doesn't even listen to the station!

On a different note: I got Planet Earth in HD DVD this week. I'm going to watch it tonight with the surround sound going...I've heard its awesome!
I hope I'm feeling better by tonight though I doubt it...I feel like someone hit me in the neck with a baseball bat. I can barely hold my head up, kinda worried about what it could be. I did do alot of computer input at work this week, I'm hoping that's all it is.

1 comment:

Janet said...

You can always listen to 103.1, which is AWESOME.

(Kidding)