Friday, January 11, 2008

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. ---Douglas Adams

Borrowed the quote from "Overread"...I had to...I'm always a day late and a dollar short.

Wrote my Thursday 13, forgot to post it and then Thursday went whooshing by...hope T13 will still accept me in their fold!

THINGS I DIDN’T MISS WHEN I WAS OFF WORK:

  1. The alarm clock.
  2. Getting ready for work
  3. Walking in from the parking lot in the cold (seriously it’s at least a mile in from the parking lot).
  4. My co-worker (when he acts grumpy)
  5. Meetings
  6. The cafeteria (ugh, its not very good and way overpriced)
  7. Work
  8. The people who always think what they want is the most important thing to be tended to that day.
  9. Deadlines (refer to headline)
  10. The fact that no matter what you do the work isn’t ever finished. If you do finish, its not like you can leave for the day. (For example, the opposite would be if I delivered packages for UPS…you deliver until your truck is empty then you get to go home).
  11. Being in an office without windows
  12. Being stuck in a cubicle (the horror)
  13. The alarm clock (did I say that already?) Having to go to bed early on the weeknights

3 comments:

Janet said...

It's funny...I started parking further away and walking up five flights of stairs (80 steps, I'm huffing & puffing by 40) at work. Ahhh, weight loss is not for the weary!

L^2 said...

It sounds like you really enjoyed your vacation! :-)

alisonwonderland said...

great list! it was soooo hard to for me to go back to work on january 2. i am sooooo ready for another vacation! :)