Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things I Love About My Job..
1. My paycheck every week!
2. Results Sharing..7.5 days payout this year!
3, The fact that they've kept me employed there the last 21 yrs. (gotten through many layoffs)...I started there young.
4. The people I work with and the friends we've become!
5. Christmas shutdown
6. My recent boss, he's really cool, lighthearted and funny!
7. 401K
9. Pension after retirement
10. Healthcare (although I have to pay for some it...it wasn't like that in the beginning).
11. Merit increases
12. My opportunity to have a mentor (he's great)
13. College tuition re-imbursement.

I've been blessed, even though I complain about actually going to work I do love it when I get there, I enjoy the work and I'm so happy to be a part of such a great job for such a long time! When I applied I was thinking what am I doing here, what was I thinking? I was young and all these people were older, more experienced, I saw all these people with briefcases and the Wall Street Journal under their arm...I was overwhelmed..I look back on how lucky I am that I was hired and its worked out in so many good ways for me...I do count my blessings...

2 comments:

Janet said...

I wish I had a mentor in photography...sigh...

L^2 said...

Sounds like you have a great job. Wish I loved mine that much. I'm sure if I could give it up and do photography full time I would be able to make a list like this... maybe someday. :-)