Friday, December 14, 2007

I Just want a stinkin Vacation!

Last time I took a full week of vacation was about a year ago Monday...I wanted to take this coming week off. What's the big deal? I ask and they laugh at me!? We are sooo darn busy at work so they just laugh! Seriously at a white elephant (short) Christmas party at work today...I went to pick up my white elephant gift and my boss says..."all she wants is a vacation! ha, ha!" I said, "Yes that is all I want, is it granted?" And he laughed.

I'M NOT KIDDING, I WANT A VACATION WEEK! MY GOODNESS, I HAVE 191 HRS OF VACATION TIME ON THE BOOKS..! THAT'S OVER FOUR WEEKS OF VACATION!! NINE HOURS SHORT OF FIVE WEEKS!!! (no, I didn't say it but, I thought it!).

This SHOULD be the time of year for spending with family, shopping and fun! Not being stuck in an office for over 40 hrs a week! Its really starting to get to me and messing up my feelings of Christmas joy and cheer! I'm going to keep suggesting it next week! I shouldn't be penalized for not taking my vacation in the summer, I WAAAAAAAAAAAAANT IT NOW! THE WORK WILL STILL BE THERE WHEN I RETURN, it isn't going anywhere!

I wish I was a kid again 2 weeks off at Christmas and the whole summer off! For all those kids that want to grow up quickly, you'll look back like the rest of us adults remembering how grand life was, to be a KID!

Anyone have any suggestions for promoting my one week of vacation? We work too much in America and LIFE IS JUST TOO SHORT NOT TO BE ABLE TO TAKE IT!

Sorry, had to vent!

No comments: