Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I Adopted a Two Year Old...

For Christmas! A girl at work was showing me handouts from the local Social Services. One can adopt a needy child for Christmas, the handout provides their name, age, favorite colors and what they'd like for Christmas!

Well no lil one should go without (not at all ever) but during Christmas? No they should not go without! So, Friday I get to go on a shopping spree for the little gal and I hope I bring a smile to her face!

She likes pink and lavender which means an outfit maybe with cute tennis shoes or a warm winter jacket. She'd like a castle, doll or a three wheel scooter (is that a stand up scooter or like a Big Wheel, not sure).. She likes Backyardigins? (I have to brush up on what that is) and Dora (I know about her). If any moms know about Backyardigins please fill me in! lol.

I raised my ex's kids from 3, 5 and 10 for ten years but now they are 15, 18 and 22 so I know about kids but a lot of the stuff they like changes so quickly. Any help on what kids like today would be appreciated!

Anyway, I didn't adopt a child for life although I'm kinda thinking maybe I should, I hope to bring joy in this little one's life this Christmas even though I won't ever meet her. I'll sign the tags as: Merry Christmas sweet Jasmine, Love, Santa. I wish I could be there to see her open her presents! I'll let ya all know what I get for her in a future blog!

No comments: