Friday, December 19, 2008

Update on Vacation Plans (see 12/12/08 blog)

Well, here's the update:

1-4 Accomplished
5. Christmas shopping completed early...ha, ha not even!
6. Missed my Christmas lunch on Wednesday, due to snow...darn it!
9. Didn't call the chimney sweep but still lit a fire on Wednesday night. Good thing I didn't cause I had to call a tree service Thursday due to tree damage in my front yard (due to storm). And the unexpected bill was anything but CHEAP!
10.
Snow on Monday? Try Wednesday and so much Wednesday and Thursday I didn't get much done at all.
11. Housework? Ha...not even! On days off from work who really WANTS to do housework?
13. Canceled due to snow.
14-15 Accomplished.

Bottom line: Native California girls are pretty useless when it snows in California. I'm glad I don't live in the North or Utah or someplace where it snows cause I'd be out of a job and pretty much not get anything done. Oh yeah and I had to cancel my haircut appointment on Thursday. Wednesday was great cause of the freshly falling snow, I took a lot of pictures and hung out with neighbors but the aftermath of snow...isn't a whole lot of fun.

Side story regarding number 9. When I went to pay an exorbitant amount to the tree guys (they came during my lunch, doesn't that always happen?), I pushed in my chair with a sigh, and set my 1/2 eaten Avocado cheeseburger and fries away from the edge of the table. After inspecting the work and paying the guys I came back in to finish my lunch. Suddenly I realized the empty burger and fry wrappings on the floor. My two huskies were out of sight...but when I did find them? Well all I can say is: "Have you ever seen a husky SMILE?"

P.S. MOMMA (THAT'S ME) WASN'T HAPPY! They've never done this before...its okay I LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES.

2 comments:

Janet said...

how could they resist a hunk of meat? Especially when they'd only just experienced snow! Brought back all their wildness ;-)

Bungeegal said...

I hear ya Janet they were a bit overwhelmed by the day, I suppose. However, I'm sure after wolfing down my burger and fries they were wondering what was for dessert.