Saturday, July 19, 2008

Hot and Surly in the High Desert, CA

When will this heat end? I usually enjoy summer cause its lighter later and better than the bitter cold...but jeez I've had enough of this. I get off of work and can hardly wait to get home to air conditioning. I don't want to even get in the car! Its been over 100 for weeks and its getting on my nerves. I'm tired of eating salads and sandwiches and whatever I can cook without heating up the kitchen!

Does anyone have any ideas for dinners that don't heat up the kitchen? What do you do when its 110 degrees every day on the weekend? I don't have a pool so that's not an option. I had a dough boy but it was too much up keep and couldn't find a pool boy (they don't do dough boys). Here's the pool and view I'd love to have...

U N F O R T U N A T E L Y, THAT VIEW IS NOT POSSIBLE WHEN ONE LIVES IN THE HIGH DESERT. MORE LIKE JOSHUA TREES AND MAYBE I MIGHT SEE THAT VIEW IN A MIRAGE!!!

Moving on...what's the best read for this summer? I need to take a break from Stephanie Plum. Janet Evanovich's books are great light reads but I need a break...any ideas?

Hope to get some suggestions!

3 comments:

Janet said...

How about using a crock pot? I made some pulled pork in that the other day and had sandwiches for days, ended up freezing half of it!

I just got a book called Girls Like Us: Carole King, Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon--And the Journey of a Generation by Sheila Weller; it's pretty damn amazing!

Bungeegal said...

Thanks for the suggestion Janet, I might pick that up --but, I'm more of a fiction reader...got any fiction suggestions? Thanks!

alisonwonderland said...

i read The Host by Stephenie Meyer and Just Listen by Sarah Dessen last month. i'm reading Breaking Dawn right now, but i don't remember if you're into the Twilight Saga or not. i'm looking for a couple more YA novels to read this month; i think they make great summer reads!