Sunday, March 16, 2008

I'm Back with lots on my Mind!

First off....everything went very well with my parents visit. I tend to stress til they get here and then have a wonderful time. We visited, my Dad puttered working on a few odd jobs I hadn't finished before their arrival. My Mom and I went shopping...although I hate shopping, I do enjoy it with her. I got some new kitchen curtains, now I have to change the whole decor in there which is okay, it needs it.

Since they left I've been doing some reading...a Debbie Macomber book from the Cedar Cove series, which is basically feel good reading and a suspense mystery from Dean Koontz. The heroine, Amy Redwing runs a golden retriever rescue, which as you know how I love dogs, really drew me in. I really enjoyed the story and the twists and turns, I started it Friday afternoon and finished it by dusk Saturday. Mystery, dog lovers should check it out!

I ran across one of my favorite pieces of art today...the magnificent art of Jim Warren. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Let me know what you think?





2 comments:

Janet said...

I'm glad you had a good time with your parents! That book sounds great, I'll have to check it out. And...that picture is STUNNING! I love it!

alisonwonderland said...

glad to hear that the parental visit went well!

how did you like Nineteen Minutes? i haven't ever read any Debbie Macomber or Dean Koontz.

great artwork! i'll have to check out some more of Jim Warren.

have a great week!