Saturday, June 20, 2009

My Newest Adventure is Coming Soon..

In the 80's and into the mid 90's I was an avid bicyclist...riding about 8-10 miles daily and 20 to 30 mile rides on Saturdays or Sundays...I got myself a Trek 1400 Road bike and really enjoyed it except for my sore backside and being hunched over the bars.

Lately I've been thinking I want to ride again so I went to check out the local bike shop and test drove several bikes; comfort and mountain bikes. It felt great to ride AGAIN! I found a more comfortable ride I liked but wanted a step up. I ordered a Trek Navigator 3.0 today and discovered once I got home that it doesn't have the Grip Shift I liked...darn it. Well I'll call on Monday and if they can change the order to the bike (Navigator 2.0) with the shifter I like then awesome...if not I'll learn and settle for the Shimano EF-60 8 speed shifter that I'm clueless about. Oh well I can learn...what ticks me off is I specifically asked if it had the same shifter as the 2.0.

Meanwhile...here's a pic of the beauty I have on the way! I'm calling it a late birthday present "to myself" and a good way to get some exercise! Click on it to check it out close up! What old past time do you want to take up?

2 comments:

Janet said...

Oooh fun! I want a road bike! I've been looking for awhile but just haven't committed yet!

Janet said...

That's so funny! I recently resuscitated my bike and LOVE it!!!