Monday, January 26, 2009

Chicken Soup for the Soul and the Tummy!

Awoke last night at 2 a.m. with a churning tummy and a headache and unable to sleep until about 4:30 a.m. Woke up to the alarm at 6:20 still with the same feelings going on. Made the phone call to the boss, who was nice about my request for a sick day and commented that another employee was also sick.

Tonight homemade chicken soup is simmering on the stove and the smell itself is already making me feel better. There isn't anything better or more soothing than homemade chicken noodle soup, I can hardly wait. I hope I'll feel better tomorrow so I can return to work which will make "the boss" happy! I want to make a change when it comes to being sick, I vow to enjoy and appreciate each day I feel good!

Here is what I envision, not my picture cause mine isn't done yet:
On a scary note I'm worried about the economy, heard on the news about 50,000 jobs lost today alone. I'm hoping things start to improve but I'm worried that my previous blog on the state of the economy and the redesign of the dollar bill isn't far off. But, I'm still hoping for the best in our economy and our world.

1 comment:

Janet said...

don't forget...the media is there to scare us more often than not. that picture is lovely with the fresh herbs :-)