Friday, August 20, 2010

2010 Project Almost Complete...

Well, every year before my parents come to visit I start a large project..it's always a tight squeeze to get it all done and this year I was only partially done when they came to visit. I finally picked colors for the entry and halls and that part was finished when they arrived except for some wall hangings that my Mom and I went shopping for but after they left I decided to pursue and finish the project. With the help of my "crew" the living room got painted all the pictures and hangings were hung with care. Well, after that was done I couldn't continue to live with the old, worn furniture so I splurged and bought a new couch, recliner, love seat, end tables and coffee table ...yaaaaaaaaaay! Wow what a difference all the hard work was well worth it and the outcome is thoroughly enjoyable! The title says almost finished because I still have to order a valance and drapes. I'm actually glad my parents come to visit so much gets done in anticipation of their arrival. Next summer I hope to get the exterior of the house painted...I'm going to hire that out as that is waaaaaaaaaaay more than I want to undertake. I'll stick to the inside! I'll post pictures later...

2 comments:

alisonwonderland said...

I'd love to see photos!

I'm still trying to decide about window coverings for the areas we recently remodeled ...

Bungeegal said...

I might have to wait to post pictures once I get a new computer..my computer is being a real pain in the (you know what). Thanks for the comment..I saw your new remodel on FB, looks awesome!